Desired Tablet – < $200 [$100-130 would be best]
I find it surprising that none of the tablet makers have done something like this as an entry-level or kid-friendly tablet, something without un-necessary features [like a back-camera]. It seems that it would sell well [if priced right and built well]. I know I’d happily buy such a tablet for my kiddo.
- ~7″ capacitive multi-touch screen [at least 600×1024 – 800×1280 if possible at price point]
- thin as possible at price range, but even as thick as a Kindle Fire would be acceptable.
- 7″ because it’s easier for a kid to handle, and I think is just a better form-factor for entry-level. Other sizes could be made as well.
- With full Google App Market support, not some lame 3rd-party app market.
- For a kid-friendly version, can have parental ability to lock out App Market. Can still have a 3rd-party kid-friendly moderated market, but parent should still be able to install an un-moderated app if necessary.
I do think that such a tablet would sell well, esp if the right accessories were available. It seems all the existing small tablets either try to cram too many features and thus cost a fortune, or don’t support the full app market and are tied too heavily to one source of content [Amazon/Nook], or pull TOO many features out [use resistive non-multi-touch screen].
Am I alone in thinking such a tablet would sell well? Is that too much to ask?